Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Sun Apr 28, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Ho Jo's

- Post Reply -
Page << 1 [2]

AZSNOWSTORM
msg: 6

Mon, Apr 11, 2005, 12:50pm

The Rest. used to be a place for coffee, cake and pie late at night. You used to see Senior Citizens reliving their dating years, and even younger couples bringing their kids in for icecream served in a fancy dish. The rest. was always quiet, never any noise like you have at these chain restaurants today. HO JO's served reg. food, similar to Denny's, but it was famous for their desserts. Each hotel used to have it's own rest., but quite a few years ago, the rest. part was discontinued. Reason, - hotels needed the bigger chain rests. to bring in the business to the hotel. When the last Ho Jo rest. closed here, part of me closed with it.
lstyle
msg: 7

Tue, Apr 12, 2005, 8:40am

There used to be a HoJo's in Times Square. I used to occasionally go there for kicks when I was living in NYC because I remember going as a kid. I loved the clam strips! I stopped going though because the last time I was there the restaurant was absolutely filthy. I moved from there about five years ago so I'm not sure if it's still there.
lstyle
msg: 8

Tue, Apr 12, 2005, 8:56am

I just saw that according to their website (franchise associates) the only HoJos are in the mid-west, on the east coast and in Florida.

Page << 1 [2]

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map