Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Fri Mar 29, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Ho Jo's

- Post Reply -
Page [1] 2 >>

AZSNOWSTORM
msg: 1

Mon, Apr 4, 2005, 9:43am

A couple years ago we lost our last Howard Johnson's restaurant. Where I live, they were famous for the best desserts especially late at night when the craving for a piece of cake or pie couldn't be controlled any longer.

I have very fond memories of my parents taking me once a month when I was weeeeeee little. I used to get a big kick out of it, b/c I was only 4 & still up after midnight & on top of that, I was eating chocolate before bed!
AZSNOWSTORM
msg: 2

Mon, Apr 4, 2005, 9:46am

I need to edit my post but don't know how. I know I should have searched the past posts for more info. - What I wanted to ask in my post was, is there a Ho Jo left anywhere in the States? I thought maybe out along old Rt. 66 I might luck out & find one.
NickCoons
msg: 3

Wed, Apr 6, 2005, 9:50am

According to their website, they seem to have locations all over. Just search for Howard Johnson on Google and go to the site. Once you're there, click Locations, which will help you find what you're looking for. There appear to still be locations here in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

, even one in Phoenix in the west valley.
AZSNOWSTORM
msg: 4

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 8:15am

I'll try Google. The only link I've been able to find is for their motel/hotels. There was some sort of merger/buyout a few years back and the most all hotels have done away with their rest. all together. I thought for sure there would still be an original HO JO somewhere in the West. I'll make a few calls/inquiries this weekend.
NickCoons
msg: 5

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 8:35am

Oh, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought that the Howard Johnson restaurants would be located inside the Howard Johnson hotels, therefore finding a hotel would yield the restaurant. Were they seperate?

Page [1] 2 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map