Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Mar 28, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Relocating to Phoenix

- Post Reply -
Page [1] 2 >>

123Sunshine
msg: 1

Mon, Nov 8, 2004, 7:09am

Hello,

My husband is being transferred to Phoenix from Ohio at the end of Jan or first part of Feb. I'm worried about a few things. First I've read about scorpions but what other critters. We have 3 cats and a small dog. I just want to be prepared. Second how is the computer/IT career area. I do not have formal schooling but I have allot of experience. I'm worried that the lack of formal schooling will be a big problem. Any advise?????
123Sunshine
msg: 2

Mon, Nov 8, 2004, 7:25am

Also what are some good areas to live. We are looking to rent for a while and would like a nice place to live. Thanks in advance!!!
NickCoons
msg: 3

Mon, Nov 8, 2004, 9:57am

<First I've read about scorpions but what other critters. We have 3 cats and a small dog.>

This depends on where you live. If you're in an area that urban or suburban then you won't be likely to see much of anything. It's when you started to get to the outer edges of the valley you started to see these critters (scorpions, snakes, spiders, coyotes, etc). But even then they are generally not excessive and don't really cause any problems.

<Second how is the computer/IT career area. I do not have formal schooling but I have allot of experience. I'm worried that the lack of formal schooling will be a big problem. Any advise?????>

It's expanding very quickly, and most companies that I've worked with in that industry are looking for experience and ability, not necessarily paper that says you know how to do the job.
123Sunshine
msg: 4

Mon, Nov 8, 2004, 11:11am

Thanks for the info. I'm excited about moving there and hope I find a job similar to the one I have here. I think we are looking at moving somewhere in the western side of Phoenix. How is that area in you opinion? Thanks again for your help!!!
NickCoons
msg: 5

Mon, Nov 8, 2004, 1:40pm

That depends on where in west Phoenix. Certain areas of Phoenix on the west side that are closer to the center of town or Glendale have a higher concentration of crime. If you continue moving further west, you get into new developments that are nice. Continuing west, you start to get into new developments that are even nicer, and dominated mainly by retirees and snowbirds.

Page [1] 2 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map