Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Apr 18, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
skiphay
Jo

- Post Reply -
Page [1] 2 >>

skiphay
msg: 1

Wed, Nov 21, 2007, 9:31am

Anyone here from Wellton, AZ? I am just filled with curious - about an abandoned mansion outside of Wellton, it is beautiful even in its vandalized state - I am wondering why it is not used.
Thanks
retired
msg: 2

Wed, Nov 18, 2009, 8:53am

did you ever get info on the mansion
merritt
msg: 3

Sun, Oct 24, 2010, 2:37am

I have been to that mansion, amazing place even though it has been degraded so badly... I know my father knows who owns it, same people that own a Museum in Phoenix... I will ask him and get back to you!
charla
msg: 4

Sat, Feb 26, 2011, 10:46pm

please find out . I love this house you can just see how beautifull it was. It has been more vandalized since i last was there from 2years ago and to last week. I want o know y they left it and what they plan on doing with it?
zyter
msg: 5

Wed, Mar 9, 2011, 8:26pm

The name of it is "The Heard Mansion", the story goes that supposedly that a wealthy farming family(The Heards') moved in from Texas around the 1970's. They build that mansion and lived there happily for a couple of years. The reason it was lef talone was that there was a fire in the basement, and other family conflict. Also I was told that they left a caretaker to take care of their grand home. The caretaker had a party with some friends, and they tooked and broke stuff. And are they going to anything to fix the home? I believe not, since to fix will take thousands or millions of dollars to fix this once magestic home.

Page [1] 2 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map