Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Tue Apr 16, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Arizona Bound

- Post Reply -

Red35
msg: 1

Sun, Sep 24, 2006, 8:05am

Hello!
I am hoping to get some infromation on the Pheonix area...I am in the process of obtaining a job in AZ and I have not been there in over 10 years. I'm from Denver and I want to know the good and bad points of living in AZ-
Any information will help-thanks!
Charles Whealton
msg: 2

Sat, Oct 7, 2006, 7:19pm

Red:

Since nobody living in Arizon has responded, I'll throw in my two cents...

There are probably more good points than bad to living in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

. I can only wish I lived there. I spend as much time as I can there.

Housing prices have gone up significantly since you last lived there. In fact, a lot of the ridiculous pricing has occured in the last several years.

I think you'll find that the population has increased significantly.

Other than that, it's still an excellent place to be. I love the dry heat and if I make it to retirement, I hope move to the Phoenix area.

Charles Whealton
NickCoons
msg: 3

Sun, Oct 8, 2006, 10:14am

The real estate market has definitely boomed.. housing prices doubled in a matter of four years. But the end of that came near the beginning of this year, and things have leveled out where they're at.

The population of the Phoenix Metro area has now surpassed three million, and we've expanded outward significantly.
AZlady
msg: 4

Thu, Oct 12, 2006, 6:43pm

Living in Phoenix is great. It has grown a lot, especially in the last 10 years and prices for homes has increased greatly. Just as they have in Denver. The worst part is the commute time. Try to live close to where you work to keep the aggrevation down. Activities are diverse, just jump into what you like to do. Sometimes people seem hard to get to know since we are spread out over a large area. For the most part tho, people are great.
Charles Whealton
msg: 5

Fri, Oct 20, 2006, 1:04pm

AZLady, you're right in that the traffic in the Phoenix metro area is incredible.

I commonly hang out in the Fountain Hills area and would travel to the West Valley to visit friends, etc.

I've never seen so much traffic, except maybe around the Los Angeles area, as I have on I-10.

But one thing I'll say is that ADOT actually seems to be doing a very impressive job of building roads and maintaining them - at least compared to my area (back East).

Of course, when you're stuck in some of that traffic, it may not feel like they're doing the best job!

Charles Whealton

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map