Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Fri Apr 26, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Tuscon living
good / bad areas

- Post Reply -

Indiana
msg: 1

Tue, Apr 4, 2006, 6:05pm

We are moving to Tuscon area soon. Can anyone tell me what areas are decent to live in? We are a younger couple and are looking for a fun eclectic area that is low crime and affordable. We are looking to rent at first. Thanks so much
Ryan
msg: 2

Wed, Apr 5, 2006, 8:50am

I just moved to Tucson in January. If you're looking for affordable and relatively safe apartments then you'll want to look on the east side. I found a great little complex called Canyon Heights -- they're on Rent(dot)com. It's in an ideal location, close to shopping, food, great views of the mountains, and maybe 10-15 minutes from downtown and the U... depending on traffic. <snip>

[edited by: NickCoons, reason: No email addresses. ]
Indiana
msg: 3

Wed, Apr 5, 2006, 7:42pm

Thanks Ryan. Any areas I should stay away from? Areas with higher crime?
Ryan
msg: 4

Thu, Apr 13, 2006, 4:36pm

Yeah avoid Southern and Central Tucson. Western Tucson isn't too shabby if you stay up near the foothills area. Eastern Tucson is probably the nicest although certain areas do come with a cost. What's your price range?
Andrew520
msg: 5

Thu, Sep 21, 2006, 2:54am

I live on the northwest side of tucson and there's very little crime.. A one bedroom apartment is around $650 and the community is gated.. I live right by a walmart and grocery store but it's about 14 miles or so to get into the downtown area.. It's more quiet anywhere north of Ina RD. & I-10, from there south it's more metro.

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map