Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Mar 28, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
moving to peoria, surprise

- Post Reply -

Dawn
msg: 1

Mon, Oct 24, 2005, 5:31pm

My husband and I are looking to relocate to arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

. We think we have found a church and school in Glendale. We have heard that the northwest, Peoria, Surprise area is nice but haven't visited yet. Is this area good for families? We have a 3 and 5 year old. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Laura
msg: 2

Wed, Oct 26, 2005, 7:35pm

The areas you mentioned tend to be where the elderly live. I know someone who moved to surprise and moved out after two years. He said it was to old. He is in his sixties.
kmcewen
msg: 3

Thu, Oct 27, 2005, 1:58pm

That past response cracks me up! Sun City is near Surprise, so yes, there are some old people. I would bet the past Surprse resident actually moved because of the distance and traffic. Surprise, in my opinion, isn't as easy to get around because of traffic. Bell Road and Olive are the only roads that go through to the city and many people are traveling to get to work.

Peoria and Glendale, north and northwest of the 101, are beauftiful. Peoria school district is one of the best in the state. The Arrowhead area is very nice and I think you'll be pleased. You'll find many people are very opinionated about what area of the valley is best, but all areas have their strengths. I am a native, was a teacher, and now am a realtor. Been all over and still love the northwest valley. Welcome!
Laura
msg: 4

Thu, Oct 27, 2005, 9:23pm

I'm glad to hear I made you laugh!

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map