Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Fri Mar 29, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Flagstaff: average snowfall

- Post Reply -

LPgirl
msg: 1

Tue, Aug 9, 2005, 11:08pm

One more concern I have: the snowfall in Flagstaff. I used to live in Spokane, Washington, and an average snowfall in 24 hours, in the height of winter, is about 4-6 inches. What is the daily winter snowfall like in Flagstaff? Is it a matter of a few inches or a few feet? Again, thank you for your help!
Wendi
msg: 2

Thu, Sep 1, 2005, 11:51am

How much snow does Flagstaff get?
NickCoons
msg: 3

Fri, Sep 2, 2005, 10:41am

It's usually a few inches but has snowed a few feet on plenty of occasions.

Arizona has been in a drought for almost the past decade, so prior to this year precipitation has been much lighter than usual. However, within the last year, we have had so much rain and snow that it would hopefully signal the end of this drought.

This past winter, Flagstaff had more snow than I had seen there in awhile. The last time I was there, July 30th of this year, there was still snow on Humphrey's Peak (the tallest point in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

sitting at 12,633 feet).
sparksals
msg: 4

Mon, Oct 31, 2005, 9:55am

I lived in Flagstaff for two years. The first winter I was there, we had only a little snow - less than what you'd get in Spokane. However, last winter was a different story. We had about 3 feet just after New Years. It melts fast though.

I'm from Canada and found Flagstaff to have alot milder weather than your area or mine.
NickCoons
msg: 5

Mon, Oct 31, 2005, 11:04pm

<We had about 3 feet just after New Years. It melts fast though.>

I guess that depends on where in Flagstaff you're referring to. I was there this past July and there was still snow on Humphrey's Peak :-).

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map