Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Apr 25, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Scottsdale Real Estate
Moving to Arizona

- Post Reply -

ProOnTilt
msg: 1

Fri, Aug 5, 2005, 1:04pm

Hello, My name is Chris and I will be moving to Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

in 6-8 months from Iowa. I need advice on Scottsdale. I have a friend that lives down there and said it was a great area to move to.

I'm 25 years old and just looking for some advice. I already have information from Real Estate Agents, and wanted some unbiased opinions. Mainly I'm looking at Scottsdale, Mesa, and possibly Paradise Valley.

I only have 2 requirement, 1st is that it is a gated community and 2nd that It has a golf course either in the property or near it. I've heard that Scottsdale Properties are quite pricey and are upscale, am I right? So please leave some opinions and advice
ProOnTilt
msg: 2

Fri, Aug 5, 2005, 1:49pm

I just talked to my buddy down there and said that Scottsdale would best suit me. I'm looking to spend up to $450K and the gated communities are Scottsdale Ranch, Gainey Ranch, McCormick Ranch, and DC Ranch. Does anybody live there or have opinions on these communities? I'm just looking at Scottsdale Real Estate because it seems like the more upscale part of the Valley. I also heard Tempe is great and Mesa.

I really would appreciate some advice on Scottsdale and the different gated communities. So Thanks and I hope to be down there soon.
NickCoons
msg: 3

Sat, Aug 13, 2005, 12:29am

I've been to all of those communities in Scottsdale and they're great. You'd be happy in any of them.

Upscale parts of the valley include north Scottsdale, south Tempe, north-east Mesa, north-central Phoenix, and a few others (Paradise Valley is one of the 14(?) "urban villages" in Phoenix, so it's technically not a city).

I'd highly recommend visiting for several days well in advance, rent a car, buy a map, and drive around so you can see what you think. The look and feel of a neighborhood is a very good indicator of that neighborhood.

Real-estate is fairly pricey here, and it goes up substantially in better areas. Of those that you mentioned, $450K will likely purchase about a 1500-2000 square-foot house.
ashlynnnn
msg: 4

Mon, Aug 29, 2005, 9:47am

I am moving in March too! Good luck to you. We are going to move to the Mesa area, however.

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map