Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Wed Apr 24, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
illegal immigrants

- Post Reply -
Page [1] 2 3 4 >>

jane doe
msg: 1

Sun, Jul 24, 2005, 7:57pm

Isnt your wife an illeagal immigrant from canada? Or if she is not now wasnt she at one time?
NickCoons
msg: 2

Wed, Jul 27, 2005, 10:58am

I'll have to make a few assumptions here. First off, you're posting in a public forum and starting a new discussion that which up until I posted this message, you were the only participant. When you say "you" and "your", who are you talking about? You are the only one here. So I'll have to assume that you're talking to me, in reference to being the person that runs this site, and in reference to an article that I recently wrote about denying freebies to illegal immigrants.

To answer your question, my wife arrived in the US legally as a visitor and has since applied for her adjustment to permanent status. Nothing illegal about that.

Regarding your misinterpretation of my article; I have nothing against illegal immigrants simply by virtue of being here illegally. My problem with illegal immigrants is when they mooch off of the system that US taxpayers pay for. I already don't like the existance of social services.. it's not my responsibility to take care of someone who can't take care of themselves. That's bad enough. What's worse is when someone runs across the desert or is smuggled in the back of a truck, and then demands that they be freely given all of the same privileges (medical, welfare, education, etc) that citizens are given, and they don't contribute to the system at all.

My wife, who is still a Canadian citizen and has filed for her adjustment of status (that is a long and difficult process) has never mooched off of the system. She has paid for all of her own expenses, including trips to the emergency room. We don't believe in stealing, and taxing people to use the money for social services is simply a legalized form of stealing.
sparksals
msg: 3

Mon, Oct 31, 2005, 10:01am

Nick, I'm Canadian living in Tucson and going through all the AOS stuff too. I'm waiting for my interview letter. Well, I actually got one, but it crossed in the mail with my change of address notification. I got one from the Tucson office and my husband is at he Border patrol academy, so I had to postpone that one too. Luckily the Tucson office is pretty easy to deal with.

Are you and your wife in Tucson? I'd love to meet a fellow Canadian.

NickCoons
msg: 4

Mon, Oct 31, 2005, 11:06pm

We're actually in Phoenix (Tempe).. we travel the state quite a bit, but tend to normally go north instead of south.

She's from Montreal and posts here every once in awhile. Perhaps she'll spot this thread.
SEAnative
msg: 5

Sun, Dec 4, 2005, 2:15pm

I don't understand the point/purpose of this thread. What does anyone care who (or whose wife) is an illegal immigrant?

Page [1] 2 3 4 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map