Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Thu Mar 28, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Help with Gnats!!!

- Post Reply -

Patrick
msg: 1

Mon, May 16, 2005, 5:20pm

Hi. We finally moved into our new home in Chandler and are almost done putting a pool in the backyard and finishing up with the landscaping. We are having an outbreak of what I believe to be fungus gnats in the backyard. They are everywhere. The exterminator came but it dosen't seem to help with them. Please help!!!
NickCoons
msg: 2

Tue, May 17, 2005, 4:14pm

What have you tried so far (just so we're not being repetative by recommending things that have already been done)?

Also.. what has your exterminator tried? I'm not a bug expert, but it sounds like you might have a nest of them somewhere. If that's the case, this is where you'd probably want to target your efforts.
Patrick
msg: 3

Wed, May 18, 2005, 8:23am

The exterminator doesn't guarrantee against gnats so they thought the regular stuff they use around the house may hopefully just work.
I tried this stuff that you plug into the hose that you can use for grass and plants. It didn't specify gnats but it did whitefly's. That worked for a day but then they came back so I sprayed again. The next day they where almost all gone. I will try more applications of this stuff and see if that works.
I will also look for the nest since I didn't think of that! I am hoping that after we get the rocks on the landscaping and the pool done this will die down but I don't know if it helps that both neighbors don't have their landscaping yet.
Patrick
msg: 4

Wed, May 18, 2005, 5:42pm

Thank you for that link. Yes I have been using Spectricide and it works but just for a day or two. They keep comming back. They also ate up my poor little lantana plants I was trying to plant in my new landscaping. I guess I have to find something that kills more of the larvae instead.

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map