Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Wed Apr 24, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Swimming Pool Costs?

- Post Reply -
Page [1] 2 3 >>

kalzona22
msg: 1

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 2:09pm

Hi -

We are looking at houses with swimming pools and I've always heard that expenses are high. Can anyone fill me in on expenses they've had with their own swimming pools? Was the expense worth the benefit?
kmcewen
msg: 2

Wed, Feb 2, 2005, 6:49pm

I personally think that a pool is worth it in Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

. It makes the summers so much more enjoyable. Basically for costs, you need chlorine and acid every month. You tend to use more chemicals in the summer. It also will raise your electricity a bit. We just built a pool last year and I think our electricity bill went up about 20 a month. I am estimating here but....
AZSNOWSTORM
msg: 3

Thu, Feb 10, 2005, 2:23pm

I have a question that I never
even though about before.

I am looking at three houses west
of Phoenix. Only 1 has a pool.
It is inground. (I prefer one of
the homes w/out the pool, but will
probably end up putting in a pool.)

My question is, if the pool can
be inground, then why are houses
built on a slab instead of over a
crawlspace?

2nd question, what is the cost of
insurance for having a pool?

Appreciate your feedback.

NickCoons
msg: 4

Fri, Feb 11, 2005, 8:17am

<My question is, if the pool can
be inground, then why are houses
built on a slab instead of over a
crawlspace?>

I don't see the correlation. What does an inground pool have to do with a house being built on a slab vs. having a crawl space?
AZSNOWSTORM
msg: 5

Fri, Feb 11, 2005, 9:43am

Think I should have said grade level.

I would want part of my crawlspace in the ground, instead of starting at grade level.
My current crawl is 8', all of it above ground, makes the house look funny & way too high.

I have yet to look at a house that wasn't built on a slab. I want a crawl space, need someplace to store my junk. I don't figure I'll have much of a yard, and if I have to put in a pool, I can't have outbuildings in the way.

Thanks for your time.

Page [1] 2 3 >>

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map