Arizona Paths is the most complete all about Arizona site, with tourist and tourism information, statistics, weather and climate, maps, business directory listings, and history and culture.

Sign In

Fri Apr 19, 2024

Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Forums Home
Relocating
Job Opportunities

- Post Reply -

sonnyjz
msg: 1

Fri, Jan 7, 2005, 11:42am

Hello, my wife and I are seriously thinking about moving to Arizona
Arizona(air-i'-ZON-u')

The State of Arizona comprises the extreme south-western portion of the United States. It is bounded on the north by Utah, on the east by New Mexico, on the south by Mexico, and on the west by California and Nevada.

. The location is between Pheonix, Tempe, or Tucson. I am currently a systems administro for the University of Pennsylvania. I would like to stay with Higher Eduction and want to get a feel for what opportunites are available there. Does anyone have an idea what the average salary is for IT folks and what the demand is?

Thanks and be well.
AZSNOWSTORM
msg: 2

Sun, Jan 9, 2005, 5:22pm

I am familiar with the pay in PA.
I would venture to say that you would probably take a pay cut, but not substantial.
I also believe your benefits will not be the same either. -- My sis-n-law has been at ASU (different field) for as long as I can remember. She & husband had a couple kids, even though they stretched their dollars, never had a fancy home or car, there was no $$ for college.

To me, AZ is a benefit in itself. The sunshine always puts me in a positive mood, and a positive mood is better than an apple a day at keeping the Dr. away!
astoffel
msg: 3

Fri, Mar 4, 2005, 5:29am

<snip>

[edited by: NickCoons, reason: Solicitations are not allowed. ]

©Copyright 2001-2009, Arizona Paths
Glossary Site Map